Seton

512273_OSHA Safety Signs- 125x125

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Sporty, Yet Sophisticated

This is the season for sportswear as "athletic chic" is in for Spring 2012! Just because these clothes tend to be more casual, it does not mean that they cannot be made sophisticated. Here is my way to dress up something sporty!


For this look, I am wearing a black and gray EXPRESS track jacket. Underneath, I have a gray Fruit of the Loom crew neck tee to stand out from the black. I dress up the look by wearing a black low rise slim fit &Drain by H&M. Any black solid basic such as a dress shirt or pants will almost always automatically add class to any outfit. To complete the look, in lieu of sneakers, I wore my leather black lace-up derbys by Nunn Bush to add some professional flare.

2 comments:

  1. I like the look...Where would you wear this look to? Around how much would it cost for this look?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This look is perfect for running errands or for hanging out with friends, or a shopping trip at the mall. This look is meant to be an easy to wear, put on, and go look.

    In terms of cost, it all depends on where you buy your clothes. For me, yes... This look cost more than a $100 because of where I purchased them and the retailers. If someone is not the type to want to spend, however, you can find separates like a track jacket, denim, and lace up shoes at discount retailers and can put together a similar look for under $100.

    For me, I would rather invest money in clothing. If I think of it as investment for pieces that will last me many years. Case in point was the track jacket from EXPRESS. I bought that around three years ago (In fact, this was one of the first few pieces I ever purchased from there and it is one of my favorites for its versatility and functionality.), and it is still not tattered and torn despite usage! I think it is a worthwhile investment... If you are going to spend, might as well spend it on quality that will last...

    ReplyDelete