Seton

512273_OSHA Safety Signs- 125x125

Friday, January 27, 2012

Geek Chic in Purple


Here is another take on what I consider "Geek Chic" for the Spring/Summer 2012 season. For this dressed up look, I pair a tailored purple button down shirt with a smoke-colored regular rise, slim-fit, straight leg, twill cotton pants both by H&M. I complete the look by adding on gray skinny suspenders by Levi's a silver, honeycomb-patterned skinny tie by Twentyone Men by Forever 21, and my black derbys by Nunn Bush.

Why do I consider this "geek chic"? For one, the suspenders and glasses hearken back to Steve Urkel. Two, the zip-pocket detail on the pants add the functionality and give the pants a denim-casual look that is a stereotypical staple in the urban geek's closet. However, by going for a clean and tailored look, I add a polished sophistication to the outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment