Seton

512273_OSHA Safety Signs- 125x125

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Dressing Up Shorts!

Shorts are "in" this Spring 2012 season. Here is how I transformed a casual staple and dressed it up for a more sophisticated look. (And yes, I wore this to do errands! It is important to look good wherever you go!)


Here, I am wearing my fitted black cargo shorts from H&M. Because black has a tendency to look dressy already, I amped up the taste level by pairing these shorts with a "faux" sweater vest long sleeve polo shirt by Heritage 1981 from Forever 21 and black leather derbys. When mixed together, these pieces added a more polished and sophisticated feel and exuded a preppy vibe.

Beware though... Fit is important! The more tailored the look, the more expensive it appears because of its sleekness... Wearing overly baggy clothes will cheapen the look and will potentially make others think, "Did he/she look in the mirror before leaving?"

2 comments:

  1. I notice in general men attire can be somewhat bipolar either too baggy or in tight in shorts. Good outfit you put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks... This is becoming one of my favorite looks and am thinking how I can play with variations of this look!

    Personally, regarding shorts, I would rather have it fitted than baggy... Mostly, the only baggy shorts I've seen are cargo shorts. I think its appeal is due to its inherent utilitarian purposes. I only have these shorts and am looking to expand my shorts, potentially in different colors. What I can't stand though is that they are difficult to find. It is either that or I don't shop at other stores other than EXPRESS and H&M...

    ReplyDelete