Seton

512273_OSHA Safety Signs- 125x125

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Shopping Wish List Part 01: Shorts

I hate to admit it, but I am addicted to shopping! Yes, that is right, when funds permit, I will add cash to my clothing allowance. Although it is a good thing that I have an apportioned budget solely for my wardrobe, there are cons too. I may wastefully spend that hard-earned money for items that I have plenty of (i.e., tops and button-down shirts). To curb such expenditure, I am following an advice that I read somewhere (the source of which I forgot); that is, I have started to create an actual shopping list of items that I need to include in my wardrobe. Having done that, I am sharing with you all my must-haves and the items that I will look for on my next outing to the mall.

Wish List Item 01: Shorts

Although I have my go-to black cargo shorts from H&M, I have been meaning to expand my selection of shorts and now would be a good time to do so because they are currently in trend for the Spring/Summer 2012 season.

Besides being in trend, they are versatile staples. When paired with a plain or graphic tee or a knit, they can be worn for a casual day outing, as exemplified by the following look (All screen caps from www.gq.com).

N.Hoolywood

When paired with a tailored fit button down dress shirt, or fitted suit jacket, this casual item can be dressed up for a night out on the town or for a date, as seen in these looks by Pringle of Scotland (left) and Gant Rugger (right):

Another major trend is the use of bold, vibrant, and electric colors. What is interesting about shorts is that they come in many neon colors that will work great with this season's trend. Shorts are an item that can be paired with a bright item to achieve a color blocked outfit without much effort.

General Idea


In "short," (Yes, the pun was intended.), shorts are versatile must-haves that will work great almost year round and why I have to buy me several pairs in different colors.

1 comment:

  1. I simply couldn't go away your web site before suggesting that I extremely loved the usual information an individual supply in your guests? Is gonna be back continuously in order to investigate cross-check new posts
    Pyle-Pro - 15'' 1600 Watt Professional 8 OHM Replacement Subwoofer

    ReplyDelete