Seton

512273_OSHA Safety Signs- 125x125

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

All I Want For Christmas Are Suspenders

It was a fun shopping day with my grandparents that culminated with a spontaneous outfit change with the stylish gift they bought me for Christmas!

Today, I had no intentions of going out and I was set on lounging. However, my grandma wanted to go Christmas shopping for my grandfather and mother. Since I had nothing better to do and there was shopping involved, of course the obvious response was: "I'll get dressed!" Because this was such a sudden request, I did not have much time to think of something fancy to wear. Consequently, I went with a casual stylish classic: jeans and a tee. If I went out with just the white Hanes crew neck tee with the black low-rise, slim-fit denim from H&M, that would have been "blah!" To amp up the style factor and to inject the look with my own personality, I accessorized the look with a black and gray checkered H&M vest and gunmetal tinted Bulgari sunglasses.

However, this was just the first look!

Our first stop was J.C.Penney. my grandmother said to me to find anything that I want and that will be my gift. I was stunned. She said that it would be better to ask me and buy what I wanted instead of them trying to guess what I would like. Besides having my student loans paid off, there was one other thing that was on my wish list: suspenders. Suspenders were in style this past summer, and I didn't really catch on until I watched "America's Next Top Model All Stars." Tyra was working the suspenders. I thought to myself that I can rock that look! I can rock it as part of my "conservative with an edge" and "geek chic" staples! I found two sets of Dockers suspenders in black and blue and my grandmother bought them! With accessories in hand, I couldn't wait to wear them. After leaving the store, I replaced the vest with the black Dockers suspenders! Here was the look that I rocked the rest of the shopping trip! I can't wait to find more suspenders, especially skinny ones!

In short, today was awesome! Love you grandma and grandpa!

2 comments:

  1. I love both of the looks. What you going to wear on Christmas? Was there any fashion must have deals you saw?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't thought about what I'm going to wear on Christmas day. If my family and I just stay home, I'm usually in PJs. I love my clothes too much to not let them get dirty that the only time I dress up is when I go out.

    In terms of fashion deals, I wasn't really scouting/noticing. When I was in the stores, I was too distracted by the full-length mirrors, which I probably should add to my Christmas wish list!

    ReplyDelete