Seton

512273_OSHA Safety Signs- 125x125

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Why Suspenders Are a Must

Here's a preview of what I like to consider my take on "geek chic." Taking inspiration from the stereotypical corporate executive, I spice up the traditional "power banker/professional" look by replacing the suit pants with black H&M cargo shorts, rolling up the sleeves and unbottoning the top two buttons of the white slim-fit H&M button down revealing some skin, and completing the look with the black suspenders by Dockers and leather derby shoes by Nunn Bush.


I love this look because of the suspenders. I think they are a timeless and classic fashion accessory essential to men and women's wardrobes. In an article from GQ, suspenders can be used to create black-tie looks, but depending on the style and design, it can be added to a punk outfit as well. Essentially, suspenders are a versatile accessory. Just a word to the wise when using suspenders: Wear suspenders with confidence and beware the style. For this look, due to the amount of skin showing, one has to exude confidence when wearing this look. You will get people looking. Also, this look could have also been costumey if I didn't roll the sleeves or unbutton the shirt. Because suspenders have been around a long time, its use could make one's outfit look like they stepped out of the Great Depression era, or a member of a New York gang from the 1950s.

2 comments:

  1. Is this a look that can be wore for work, or first date? I like the look, and feel men should care about what they wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only this could be worn for work, but it is too casual and borderline racy. Replace the shorts with pants and roll the sleeves a little down, it would be more business casual.

    First date, probably not either. If I actually went on dates, I probably wouldn't wear this either. For me, I prefer to look classic and tailored.

    I also agree that men should care about their looks. Men have gotten lazy and don't care about their appearances. In fact, it is actually easier for men to buy clothes since there really isn't much style anyway. But that's just me.

    ReplyDelete