Seton

512273_OSHA Safety Signs- 125x125

Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Denim Shirt: A Season Must-Have

One of the must have articles for Spring/Summer 2012 is the denim shirt. Both H&M and EXPRESS have a denim shirt for purchase. It is a great article to have in your wardrobe because it can always be worn for a casual outing, but it can also be dressed up for a more swanky setting, which is what I did for today.

For my outing with my bestie Kit Kat to Little Tokyo, I was inspired to dress up this H&M styling of the denim shirt (Picture screencaptured from H&M's website):


The result:


For this look, I created a blue, neutral palette by pairing a blue denim shirt and a distressed blue &Drain low-rise, slim-fit jeans, both by H&M. To dress up the look, I rolled down the barrel cuffs and paired it with a tartan red and plain skinny tie by Forever 21. To complete the look, I accessorized it with a black leather belt by Levi's and used my black Nunn Bush leather derbys to add an air of professionalism.

2 comments:

  1. I like that look. I think I am more impressed with a guy who wore a tie and jeans on a date. I love those who dare to be different..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the look too! Adding the tie (assuming it complements the look) adds a touch of classiness to any look. I think the main reason for it is that it gives off the impression that one is willing to put thought and effort into their appearance and their outfit. Also daring to be different is one way that somebody can show their personality through their clothes.

    ReplyDelete