Seton

512273_OSHA Safety Signs- 125x125

Monday, February 6, 2012

Simulating The Trending High-Waist


Ever since I grew accustomed to low-rise pants, I slowly tucked away to the inner recesses of my closets my regular-rise pants. However, today, I gave a black regular-rise, straight-leg cotton trouser by H&M another chance. I paired it with a skinny black tie, my grape woven button-down also by H&M, and my black skinny suspenders by Levis. The rationale for the revival: To simulate a high-waist look, which was "in" at at the Parisian runways (see the Fall/Winter 2012 Menswear collections of Lanvin, Rick Owens, Dior Homme) without actual high-waist pants.

Suspender looks tend to work better with elongated silhouettes created by cinched torsos resulting from high-waist trousers. Using low-rise pants makes creating this look difficult. On the other hand, regular-rise pants is a happy medium. The suspenders can pull the pants up enough above the natural waistline to create the high-waist figure without causing too much discomfort in the crotch area.

The result is the look above with compliments such as, "Fresh", "Professional", "Dapper" and "I like the outfit" being provided!

No comments:

Post a Comment