Seton

512273_OSHA Safety Signs- 125x125

Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Impossible Dream?: My Ideal Blazer - Contender 05

Contender # 05 - Blazer by Dolce & Gabbana


This blazer falls under what I call, "What in the world where the designers thinking not having this in black!?"  Hands down, this would have been a major contender for my ideal blazer!  For one, I love the double-breasted look.  There is something stately and regal about the look that screams expensive and worth the price (and befits my pompous and arrogant personality).  It also does not hurt that it is currently trending and making a comeback as a suit separate or sports jacket.  With this blazer, I also am a fan of the military, Napoleonic details provided by the asymmetric buttons and epaulets.  I also love the short fit on this blazer that is typically seen in motorcycle jackets.  These details add an edgy and non-traditional twist to a classic article of clothing.  It is structured and conservative, with hints of toughness: An example of my "Conservative with an Edge" style aesthetic.

However, there are two main cons that make me reluctant to purchase.  The first one being that it is only available in light gray.  Although this blazer can be paired with most pants, the shirts, on the other hand, become an issue.  It would be difficult to pair different colored shirts to place under the blazer, without having the outfit look like there is too much going on or trying too hard.  Another problem is fitting.  Because this is an online store item, it is unavailable in any Dolce & Gabbana boutiques.  For me to want to spend that much money on one item, I need to be absolutely in love and I need to be able to touch it and readily take it with me.  But that is not possible with this blazer.

Despite the cons, I am not ready just yet to cross this off my list.  However, I am also not that convinced to want to meet the $1,295 ticket price.

No comments:

Post a Comment