Seton

512273_OSHA Safety Signs- 125x125

Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Impossible Dream?: My Ideal Blazer - Contender 01

In my previous post, I talked about what I was looking for in a stylish go-to blazer.  After several weeks of extensive searching, several coats have come close to being purchased, but each had their own flaws that made me say, "Not just yet!"  Here is the first of the bunch!


When I first posted this on my Facebook wall, one of my friends noted that this jacket was just my style. And she was right.



This jacket meets several of the criteria that my ideal blazer should have.  First, it is made of a mostly cotton blend with elastane for stretch.  Considering the price, the composition of the material was okay enough to justify the $1,292 price tag.  Second, it fits my non-traditional aesthetic.  It has the double-breasted look made unique and stylish with the Napoleonic details on the front with the asymmetric buttons.  The details add edginess to what would have otherwise been just a boring structured and conservative look.  More importantly, it met the deal-breaking criterion of being in black.

However, it failed to meet a very important criterion:  It is not available to be fit in stores, at least in California!  This jacket is available only through a European online retailer.  One of the problems with shopping for blazers online is the fit.  While it may look good on the model as shown on the website, it might not fit on me.  If only this blazer were available in Los Angeles, this would still be a serious contender.

But we shall see.  I might re-consider if this blazer gets a significant price reduction from the end-of-season sale the website usually undergoes.  I refuse to pay full price for something that I might not be able to wear because of sizing issues.  Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment